Solar Performance Modeling Made Simple – PlantPredict with David Spieldenner of First Solar
Register – space is limited | 10 AM CST | January 26, 2021
Join us for a live interview and product demo with David Spieldenner, Product Manager of PlantPredict powered by First Solar. PlantPredict is a sophisticated solar energy-modeling tool designed to develop energy estimates for utility-scale PV applications. Easy-to-use with advanced modeling options, PlantPredict reduces model uncertainty to generate more accurate energy predictions. The advanced modeling capabilities in PlantPredict allow you to compare multiple simulations, design layouts, perform topographical analysis, PV+Storage modeling and automated report generation. The intuitive interface allows users to compare, save and share changes in the model and quickly find the optimal plant design.
PlantPredict is the only prediction tool created from the ground up to accurately model utility-scale PV Plants. Tested against real world installed capacity and verified by independent engineers and technical advisors, PlantPredict is an easier way to create more accurate energy predictions.
Reduce uncertainty with advanced modeling algorithms and easy to use features:
- Spectral correction ±4% effect
- Cloning feature and nested plant hierarchy builder
- Ability to run multi-year predictions
- Non-linear module temperature coefficient definition
- Unlimited Inverter efficiency and thermal curve points
- Sub-hourly interval flexibility (1min, 15min, 30min)
- API integration ready for automated batch processing
Benchmarked and validated against real operational data and industry leading software
- 21 sites and over 1 GW of operational data benchmarked. PlantPredict under predicted by -0.41% ±2.01% (1σ)
- Similar results to other leading industry software products. On average PlantPredict over predicted energy by 0.13% ±0.52%
- All algorithm documentation 100% open source for industry transparency
- Technical merits independently reviewed by Black and Veatch, Leidos, and DNV GL. Report available upon request.
About David Spieldenner
David is the PlantPredict Product Manager and brings over 22 years of IT and software development experience to the platform. David has spent the last 14 years of his career at First Solar building software that has done everything from running the machines on a factory floor to drones that use machine learning to monitor construction sites. He is passionate about the renewable energy revolution and especially the role software can play in making utility scale solar the most cost effective power source on the planet.
About First Solar
First Solar (Nasdaq: FSLR) is a leading global provider of comprehensive photovoltaic (PV) solar systems which use its advanced thin-film modules. The company’s integrated power plant solutions deliver an economically attractive alternative to fossil-fuel electricity generation today. From raw material sourcing through end-of-life module collection and recycling, First Solar’s renewable energy systems protect and enhance the environment.