Illinois Solar Program Update with Anthony Star
Anthony Star is the Director of the Illinois Power Agency the authority that oversees renewable energy implementation in Illinois. The Illinois Solar Program including the Adjustable Block Program, Solar for All, and Competitive Procurements for utility scale wind and solar was established in 2017 as mandated by the Future Energy Jobs Act (FEJA). The goal of the program is to fulfill Illinois’ renewable portfolio standard of 25% clean power by 2025.
IPA Director Anthony Star will join us for a live interview and update on the Program. Some questions we will consider:
– Illinois is now a top five solar market according to Greentech Media. How is the program developing as compared to how the Agency envisioned it in 2017?
– Describe the pros and cons of the 3 major parts of the Program – ABP, SFA and Competitive Procurements. How well are the three parts of the program fulfilling their goals?
– What recent changes in the program should developers and project owners take note of?
– Barring major new legislation in the foreseeable future, how will the Program fulfill or fall short of its clean power goals by 2025?
– Now that Covid-19 has disrupted the US economy, is the Agency making any adjustments to the Plan or rules?
– Let’s talk about the ABP specifically – now that block 4 has filled, what comments and suggestions do you have for facility owners/operators? Industry professionals like installers and developers?
– Where is the State with respect to the 3% net metering load milestone and what actions/processes will the IPA move forward with when that milestone is reached?