Solar maintenance with thermal aerial imaging uses the latest drone technology to ensure your solar panels are operating at peak efficiency. In this blog post, we’ll explore the advantages to drone thermal scans.
Why are drones used for solar inspections?
Drones can overcome limitations of traditional on the ground inspections. The advantages of solar maintenance with thermal aerial imaging include:
- Speed & Scope – Drones can cover large areas in a short amount of time compared to on the ground inspections.
- Safety – Drones allow inspectors to remain on the ground and reduce the risks associated with rooftop inspections
- Cost – With time and labor costs reduced, thermal aerial imaging is an economical option
- Detailed Data – The data collected with the high-resolution cameras with advanced thermal sensors provide detailed data that can provide a supremely thorough assessment of the solar site’s equipment condition compared to spot checked thermal scans or a visual inspection.
- Early Detection – Thermal aerial imaging can reveal issues like damaged cells, cracks, or faulty electrical connections. By catching these problems early, we can prevent larger production issues and save owners from costly repairs in the future.
Drone inspections are a great tool to help you cost effectively ensure your ROI by offering valuable data and improving the inspection process. With regular solar inspections, our maintenance team can collect vital data to optimize your system. In addition, by taking advantage of the technological advancements of thermal aerial imaging provides, you can ensure a longer lifespan of your solar installations and prevent downtime.
We’re here to help you discover the benefits and provide the valuable insights for all of your solar panel inspection needs. Contact the CES Operations and Maintenance Team to discover how our drone flights can maximize the efficiency of your solar maintenance program.
Visit our Operations & Maintenance page for a comprehensive list of services.